***Due to numerous requests, the submission deadline has been extended. Any new submissions are due by close of buisness, 14 May 2012***
Seoul National University (Economics Dept with its WCU program & Seoul Journal of Economics) is pleased to host the Third Asia-Pacific Innovation Conference, in collaboration with a consortium of the universities and other academic institutions, including the SSK Team of the Inha University, the STEPI (Science & Technology Policy Institute, Korea), the Korea Intellectual Property Society, the Korean Society for Innovation Management and Economics, and the WIPO (the World Intellectual Property Organization).
The conference will bring together scholars, including doctoral students, working on economics, management and law of innovation. It will foster an inter-disciplinary exchange of knowledge. Sessions will include contributed papers, keynote presentations and panel discussions. Please forward this information to any interested colleagues, friends, and doctoral students. We welcome contributions from across the world.
- Conference dates: October 13 (Saturday) and 14 (Sunday) in 2012
- Venue: Seoul National University, Multi-Media Lecture Hall (Bldg no 83) and college of social science (Bldg no 16), Seoul, Korea ( http://en.snu.ac.kr/)
- Submission Deadline: May 14, 2012 (Extended deadline date)
- The conference will be held in English
The local organizer and editor (Keun Lee) of Seoul Journal of economics (www.sje.ac.kr) plans to publish a special issue with the papers presented at the conference. People should indicate if they want their paper to be considered for this issue. Selected papers will be awarded an honorarium of 2 million Korean Won ( 1$ = about 1150 Won).
Keynote and panel speakers
- Lee Branstetter, Carnegie Mellon University
- John Cantwell, Chief Editor (JIBS), Rutgers Business School
- Jong-Rong Chen, National Central University, Taiwan
- Carsten Fink, Chief Economist, WIPO
- William Maloney, Lead Economist, World Bank
- Sadao Nagaoka, Hitotsubashi University
- Kyung-Han Sohn (President, Korea IP Society)
- Jong-Guk Song (President, STEPI)
- John Walsh, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Beth Webster, University of Melbourne
- Brian Wright, University of California, Berkeley
And more coming…
The session topics would include (1) entrepreneurship and startups, (2) innovation and industry evolution, (3) management of technology, (4) intellectual property protection for innovation, (5) standards, alliance and consortia, (6) research and innovation funding, (7) university research and university industry collaborations, and (8) economics of catch-up and S&T policy.
- Please indicate the name of the presenter and his/her contact details (affiliation and email).
- You may also submit a proposal for a full session, which should include a short description of the session theme, title, 3 papers (or extended abstracts) and the name of the organizer and contact details. While we will consider accepting any theme significantly related to innovation, we prefer sessions with the presenters covering regional or global issues.
- Submissions must be in PDF format, with a maximum size of 2MB per paper. No other file formats will be considered.
- Submissions must be made in English
- The Scientific Committee for the conference will evaluate the submissions and the results will be emailed by June 2012 .
- The registration website for the conference will open in the near future, with information on hotels.
- The expected conference fee covering conference registration, lunches, drinks and the conference dinner will be 180 US $/person. A student whose paper has been accepted is eligible for a discounted registration fee (expected to be 80 US $/person).
- The registration fee is not refundable.
- To stay updated on latest developments, subscribe to our email list at http://ap-in.org/ (click “Sign me up!”). You may also visit the conference webpage at http://ap-in.org/apic2012/ for the most current information.
- Keun Lee (Seoul National University; Center for Economic Catch-up)
- Hwang Hee Cho (STEPI)
- Kyung-Han Sohn (SungKyunKwan University; KIPS)
- Jinyoung Kim (Korea University)
- Jun-Byoung Oh (Inha University)
- Beth Webster (University of Melbourne)
- Paul Jensen (University of Melbourne)
- CAO Heping (University of Peking)
- Wu Xiaobo (Zhejiang University)
- Keunyeob Oh (Chungnam National University)
- Sadao Nagaoka (Hitotsubashi University)
- Reiko Aoki (Hitotsubashi University)
- Susy Frankel (Wellington University)
- Wee Loon Ng-Loy (NUS)
- Cheng Huat Ho (IP Academy)
- Show-Ling Jang (National University Taiwan)
- Hui-Lin Lin (National University Taiwan)
- Carsten Fink (WIPO)
Local Organizing Committee and Secretary
Chair: Keun Lee (Seoul National University; Center for Economic Catch-up)
Hwang Hee Cho (STEPI)
Kyung-Han Sohn (SungKyunKwan University; KIPS)
Jinyoung Kim (Korea University)
Jun-Byoung Oh (Inha University)
Secretary: Sang A Jeon (email@example.com),
Department of Economics, WCU, Seoul National University,
Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, South Korea.
Tel.: +82-(0)2-880-6393; Fax : +82-(0)2-886-4231; Mobile: +82-(0)10-7585-5163
The first Asia Pacific Region Innovation Conference was held in Melbourne in January 2010. Given a rapidly growing number of scholars in the Asia-Pacific region interested in innovation issues, we envisage that we will host such conferences regularly, rotating among Asia-Pacific countries. Participating institutions include:
- The Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia (IPRIA),University of Melbourne
- Institute of Innovation Research and Center for Intergenerational Studies (Institute of Economic Research), Hitotsubashi University, Japan
- Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan
- NUS Business School, National University of Singapore
- IP Academy, Singapore
- University of Auckland Business School
- New Zealand Centre of International Economic Law (NZCIEL)
- College of Social Sciences, National Taiwan University
- Seoul National University
- Center for Economic Catch-up, KOREA
- School of Management, Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science
- Intellectual Property Law Center, Drake University Law School
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
To learn more, visit the Asia Pacific Innovation Network website at http://ap-in.org